r E A D Blue exclamation mark

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thing 18 - YouTube part 2

I can see why people can spend so much time browsing through YouTube! There is so much there! I looked at some videos from some elementary libraries, and also looked at some handbell videos (part of my life outside of school). It would easy to get totally lost in time, and not get anything accomplished while going through this site. I was also amazed at how easy it was to post a video on my blog! Everything that I thought would take so much work is actually just a couple of clicks. I'm so thankful there are people out there who know how to make Web 2.0 easier for the rest of us!

I chose this Arthur video because it is something I could actually use in my teaching. My only question - what about copyrights? Would it be legal to show this to some of my classes without purchasing something? I realize a lot of the videos would be free, but since this has copyrighted characters, I have to wonder. Anybody have an answer?

No comments: